In order to be considered for the five year program please submit the following documentation:
- Completed Apprenticeship Application
- A birth certificate - must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Drivers License
- High school transcript - An OFFICIAL copy of your high school TRANSCRIPT with graduation date.
- GED Certificate with test scores. An official copy of your high school transcript must be provided along with you GED even if you only attended one day.
- MUST have completed one full credit of Algebra I (2 semesters) with a passing grade.
- Copy of DD214 (If you were in the military)
- Pass a drug test.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or meet INS requirements.
- Score 4 or higher on aptitude test
The requested items must be in legal document form. Photocopies will be made and must remain in the applicants file, with the originals being returned to the applicant.
All applicants must keep their address and phone number current after the application is submitted for future notification regarding their status.
You will be notified of the date and time you are scheduled to come in and take an aptitude test and preliminary interview with the training director. This is done to determine if you have met all the requirements to be considered for the program. The testing and interview takes place at the training center. Once it is determined that you meet all the requirements you will be eligible for an interview with the JATC committee. At the interview you will be asked several questions and based on your answers and the information on your application , preliminary interview and aptitude test, you will be scored by each committee member. The scores you receive will be complied and you will be placed on a ranking list based on your average score. You must score 75% or higher to be placed on the list.
Applicants are taken from the ranking list based on highest score first. Once you are accepted into the program you will be placed with an employer. You will work 40 a week with an IBEW Union Electrical Contractor. You will attend school two nights a week, four hours a night from September thru March. Tuition is $400.00 per year, payable on the first night of school. Books are included.
The recruitment, selection and employment of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, religion, national origin or gender.
The Fort Smith Electrical JATC is approved for the Veterans Education Benefit Program.
If you are an eligible veteran contact the appropriate agency for information regarding benefits you may be entitled to while attending our program.
Download application and once completed mail along with the required documentation to the address listed under contact information