Why be Union?
People who work for a living know about the inequality of power between employers and employees.
Joining a union provides you with a network of people and resources who are dedicated to ensuring that all union members get the best possible wage and benefit packages, working conditions and working environments.
With a union, working people win basic rights, like having a say in their jobs, safety and security. Unions help remedy discrimination because union contracts ensure that all workers are treated fairly and equally. When a problem arises on the job, workers and management work together as equals to resolve it.
Higher union wages translates into a bigger tax base for our communities, therefore providing a healthier local economy, which means better schools and infrastructures.
Your employer does not work for a client without a contract so why should he expect you to work for him without one?
LOCAL UNION 700 OFFERS:
- Hourly wages of $27.94 plus $13.68 in benefits for a total wage package of $41.62 for license Journeyman Wireman.
- Hourly wages of $35.67 plus $14.47 in benefits for a total wage package of $50.14 for license Journeyman Lineman.
- Annuity fund, IBEW Pension and NEBF Pension
- Medical insurance with dental and vision included
- Death benefit
- Continuing education classes for those who wish to keep their skills updated.
IBEW members continuously promote quality craftsmanship, professionalism, productivity, pride in work ethics and good employee attitudes. It is our goal as IBEW members to leave a favorable and lasting impression that we really are the best deal in town. The members of Local Union 700 make it possible for our contactors to provide electrical services with confidence when employing our skilled workforce. We would love to have you come join us in this effort.
If you are interested in joining the IBEW or just want more information please feel free to contact us . Your information will be kept in the strictest confidence.